Wednesday, January 23, 2013

If Chippy is Happy, Then I am Beside Myself.

Those of you who are familiar with my blog or my Facebook page, know that I love and want to marry Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. For real. I puffy heart love chalk paint.

But for the love of Pete! Would you look at this? (Yep, I made that picture extra giant because I LOVE it)



I would officially like to invite Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint to live in my house forever. Or at least until I run out of furniture at Restoration Emporium and in a panic, run home to pick up whatever furniture I have painted in my house. Let's be honest, the lifespan of furniture in my home is sometimes not very long at all!

I found this piece in an antique shop and passed it up the first time, it was just on the edge of being too much money, so I went home empty handed. I went back two days later because I couldn't stop thinking about it. It has fabulous details and such texture on the wood, that I knew it was special.



I know you are jealous that your dining room isn't as pretty as mine and that you don't have Christmas wrapping paper and moving boxes all around. Let the haters hate :-)

I painted this beauty with MMS Milk Paint in Linen, almost immediately, it started to peel and chip. I have painted a few pieces with milk paint before and never had chippy happen like this. Seriously? I thought it was alive!! There is no way to really control what happens which is a little hard for a control freak like me, so I just walked away. You would have thought I could have unpacked a box or something ... ummm, not so much.

I love the result. It looks so authentic and CHIPTASTIC!! 







It's always good to have another tool in your box for just the right piece.
This is the right piece for Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint.

***UPDATE ~ In what may be the quickest change ever, I have decided to take this to Restoration Emporium for the sale,  February 1-3. I got the flu and didn't have a chance to paint much this month, so, a lucky someone else will get the chance to love this beauty in their home!

Linking up ~ Come play!

Miss Mustard Seed Furniture Feature Friday

Redoux Interiors Link Party

Pin It

23 comments:

  1. I want to marry this piece. I keep looking around my house to see where i could put it. But i need a bigger house. This is seriously my favorite. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww Traci! Maybe we could work out some kind of custody arrangement between this and your amazing hutch? Alternating weeks and weekends?

      Delete
  2. truly, truly, amazing...I so love it and ordered my mms milk paint the next day! now to find the perfect piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous as Always! I <3 M.M.S. also but your my local favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this piece! So fabulous - Love your work and your writings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this--I have been really interested to see how this paint works on different projects so I enjoyed this. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrystal, this turned out awesome! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, I love it. I keep thinking I should try the milk paint and then I don't order it. This may be the push I needed, thanks
    Dido

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing Job- Love that Hutch-and really Love the Color-chippyness-
    Perfect Job-Happy to of discovered your great Blog
    Karryann
    will go check you out on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! It is just perfectly gorgeous! I'm glad you went back and picked it up! - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and
    i was just curious if you get a lot of spam feedback? If so how do you reduce it, any plugin or anything you can suggest?

    I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.
    My site ... insurance

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how it chipped. I guess I haven't chosen the right pieces for my milk paint. It turned out lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have just discovered your beautiful blog and I'm so glad I have. there's so much inspiration here. love it! and i love what you did with your piece.
    it turned out just amazing. we do not get milk paint here but I guess I should give it a try and order some from the US one of these days.
    I've been using ASCP though.
    have a great weekend
    rita

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found you from Miss Mustard Seed's linky party. I love this piece! I just ordered my first box of her paint and I am so excited to try it. I hope it comes out as beautifully as yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, Love, Just Love this piece : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a stunner...and perfect with the ironstone in it.

    Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SW Michigan
    Hand-Painted Vintage Furniture Transformations
    Blog: http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.com
    Facebook: donnaallgaierlamberti@facebook.com (for portfolio of chalk painted work)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the chippy paint too, it totally looks authentic! Little Bit from www.DecorateWithaLittleBit.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi!! New to your blog thru your FB page~I adore that hutch and you have convinced me to buy MMS paint to redo the armoire in my bedroom! BTW I am the mom of four boys too <3 We gotta stick together!! xo~melissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. This came out amazing. Love it and I also love MMS Milk Paint! It is totally unpredictable, I am also a control freak...but this product lets me live on the edge a little. Haha. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This came out so fantastic. I just recently stumbled upon your blog and this piece inspired me to try Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint. I had visions of chippy delight! I think I must have done something wrong because I have a beautifully painted white piece instead of a chippy 100 year old look I was shooting for! LOL Oh well...I'll definitely try again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hii .. Congratulations! The inspiration pieces and photos are beautiful.
    Thankss ..
    www.wesellkc.com

    ReplyDelete