This is my last, first blog post. Ever! Pretty excited about that!
I have been so inspired by other bloggers and have learned so much. I just want to be one of the "girls" that blog, so here I am. My dreams for this blog are many, but I hope that some day, someone can gain a little from me as I have gained through the generosity of so many. Because of those others who have inspired me, I have a business and a new passion. I feel incredibly blessed. Thank you. You don't even know who you are yet but, thank you.
Well, since you (all zero of you today :-) don't know anything about me, I copied one of those Facebook "25 things" quizzes that pretty much sums up who I am.
1) I own power tools. Lots of them. And I know how to use them.
2) I need coffee every day. Not like, but need.
3) I call Starbucks coffee "a good day in a cup". Because it is.
4) I love being home with my kids. Realllly loved working full time, but this is better.
5) I have no idea what my natural hair color is. I know what it says on the box, but that's it.
6) I married my best friend's brother. Now, he's my best friend, but I still love her bunches.
7) I never liked pink until I had four boys. Now it's my favorite color, mostly to annoy them.
8) I had a Barbie cake for my birthday, 4 years ago.
9) My first car was a 1972 Chevrolet Impala. My grandparents totalled it so they gave it to me. It had plastic seatcovers on the seats, they were immaculate. It was a lovely shade of brown. I called it the septic tank.
10) I love Chick-fil-A. I think my husband has the greatest job in the world and I am secretly jealous, but very proud of him.
11) I played a lot of instruments growing up. Flute, piano, saxaphone, french horn, violin and clarinet. God bless my parents for being so patient, and deaf.
12) I went to four different high schools. This was not fun but it made me a better person.
13) I love having four boys. God certainly had a good plan for me.
14) I can't stand to hear people chomp cereal. It disgusts me.
15) I have moved more times than I can keep track of.
16) I still can't figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
17) I loved selling jewelry, especially at Christmas. I kept track of how many things I sold every season and it made me happy every Christmas morning.
18) I am very competitive. I have to stop myself from cheating to win.
19) I love to remodel. Demo is the best, just give me a mallet and I will break something on purpose.
20) I flooded my house and had no idea where the main shut off valve was. The fire department knew just where to look... 45 mins and $27,000 of damage later.
21) I am a great shopper. If there is a bargain I will find it, even if I don't need it.
22) I sing in the shower, in the car, and when nobody is home. Sometimes I sing church songs like opera.
23) When I was in high school I had an imaginary twin sister. This caused a lot of problems as I forgot to mention that she was imaginary.
24) I am addicted to HGTV. We had no cable for a few days and I thought I would die. Really.
25) If it stands still, I will paint it!
So, thanks for being part of my last, first blog post. Next time, I promise, it won't all be about me!
Linking this to
Perfectly Imperfect 25 Random Things Party