Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Leprosy Buffet


This buffet had leprosy.



That's what I told my friend Sheila when she asked what I was doing. I sent her a picture of the leper. I had stripped and restained the top and it was looovely. However, I got a little carried away with the distressing and it had a very strange, sick look when I was done. It was one of those times I kept telling myself it will look fine when finished. Well, that never happened.


There was no way to fix it without starting over. Believe me, I tried. Finally, I just gave up and repainted it all again with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White. Much Better. It is such a pretty piece of furniture with the curves, I just hated to see it so spotty!


I made it a point to be less aggressive with the sandpaper the next go round! I like it this way much better!




I am pretty excited that she is looking less contagious these days. Curvalicious!


Linking to these fabulous parties!


Miss Mustard Seed Furniture Feature Friday


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so frustrating isn't it? I've done that, too. I called mine a "dalmation"! I love this dresser and what you have done to it. It really is very lovely.
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fran! I just clicked over to your blog and saw the gorgeous pictures of your back yard! As a former Florida girl, I am so jealous!

      Delete
  2. It looks much better!! You are right, it is easy to overdo the distressing, probably why I rarely do....you did a great job "redoing" it...
    Nancy
    http://wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete